White Cliffs Primary and Nursery School recognises that maths is both a key skill within school, and a life skill to be utilised through everyday experiences.
A high-quality maths education provides a firm foundation for understanding how maths is used in everyday life and activities, developing pupils’ ability to reason mathematically.
Through the teaching of maths, we aim to develop:
- A positive attitude towards maths and an awareness of the relevance of maths in the real world.
- A process of enquiry and experiment.
- An ability to solve problems and think logically in order to work systematically and accurately.
- An ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others.
- Competence and confidence in pupils’ maths knowledge, concepts and skills.
- An appreciation of the creative aspects of maths and an awareness of its aesthetic appeal.