Wellbeing & Mental Health
At White Cliffs Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff.
We know that everyone experiences challenges in our lives that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support.
We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At White Cliffs Primary School we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- complete termly Wellbeing and Involvement screening to help us understand how we can support our children further
Through our ethos and wider curriculum we aim to meet the needs of all our pupils. For instance, developing resilience for all.
Extra support is available for those children who may have short term needs along with those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences, such as bereavement.
On this page you will find information and links available you support you and your child:
'Place2Be' is a children's mental health charity with over 25 years' experience working with pupils, families and staff in UK schools. They provide mental health support in schools through one-to-one and group counselling using tried and tested methods backed by research.
'Kent Resilience Hub' is a resource that helps young people, parents and carers and practitioners to understand emotional wellbeing and resilience.
Offering well being support in your local community
'Mind' provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. They campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
Life can get really tough sometimes, but talking can help. We have a highly trained and experienced team available 24/7 to provide expert support no matter what you are going through.
Don’t suffer in silence: text the word Kent to 85258 or call the number below